Before starting a sports activity, there are some pitfalls to avoid regarding your outfit. You can get activewear that you like if you follow a few rules to improve your comfort : avoid cotton, dresses too wide or too tight, banish the shoes. The main thing is to feel comfortable in your activewear and to wear comfortable and practical clothes. From tops to shoes, to underwear, all your clothes must be suitable for the activity you practice.
Have you just signed up for a fitness club or would like to play sports at home? In any case, you must find a suitable outfit, adapted to the activity that you will practice. To do this, follow our advice…
WHAT TO AVOID
Before starting a sports activity, there are some pitfalls to avoid regarding your outfit. You can wear the activewear that you like if you follow a few rules to improve your comfort:
- avoid cottonfor intensive use as it tends to absorb moisture instead of evacuating it, weighing down the garment and causing a cold sensation at the end of the effort
- avoid too tight clothingbecause they can cause discomfort and skin irritation
- on the other hand, do not wear outfits that are too widebecause they may hinder your movements or the mechanism of certain weight machines
- beware of pants with flared bottoms for the same reasons
- do notwear street shoes but rather appropriate sneakers, namely that their wearing is not necessary for soft gymnastics .
WHAT TO ADOPT
The main thing is to feel comfortable in your activewear and to wear comfortable and practical clothes. From tops to shoes, to underwear, all your clothes must be suitable for the activity you practice.
Our tips for choosing the right outfit:
- prefer breathable materialsto wick away perspiration
- if you sweat profusely, know that there are antibacterialmaterials that can fight against bad odors
- try before buying to choose the clothes in which you are most comfortable
- pay special attention to your shoes. They must be adapted so as not to hurt your feet and be equipped with thick and non-slip soles (at least 1.5 cm thick). Equip yourself with multisport shoes if you regularly practice different activities. For courses with impacts (Body attack, step …), choose sneakers with cushioned front and rear.
- wear a suitable braor, for more comfort, a sports bra, to keep your chest so that it does not sag. This type of underwear reduces on average the vertical movements that the chest undergoes during the effort of 70%, thus limiting the tensions on the ligaments. Prefer spandex for comfort and antiperspirant materials.
Forget your prejudices; fitness is not incompatible with fashion! You can very well practice it and wear a trendy and coquettish outfit. However, this outfit must correspond to the activity you perform.
Here, we offer 3 outfits: one for a choreographed activity, one for a wellness activity and one for a cardio practice. You can get more tips for fitness on getactivewear.com.au