What is acne?
Acne vulgaris is a term for a group of skin conditions, which is mostly due to acne. The acne is classified mainly into two types: Anatomic and stimulants. Acne is also described as mild, moderate or severe acne, or sometimes grade I, II, III or IV acne is also given.
A sebaceous gland located below the skin gives oil to moisture the skin. If this becomes more active, then the skin holes get blocked and bacteria start to grow in them, which is the cause of acne.
The main cause of excessive hyperactivity of sebaceous glands is the overgrowth of androgen hormones such as testosterone, dihydrotestosterone (DHT) and dehydroepiandrosterone sulphate. Androgen is male sex hormone and it is available for both boys and girls. These hormones increase the secretion of the skin through the sebaceous glands.
The main types of acne include:
- Adaptive acne – Details by whiteheads and blackheads, but not cyst/nodule.
- Cystic Acne (also called Nodulocystic Acne) – It is a serious form of acne that changes in large and lumps on the skin.
- Acne Fulminans – This is a sharp form of stimulants that normally occurs in juveniles, chest and back in adolescent boys.
- Mechanica – It is caused by excessive pressure, heat, and friction. Often affects athletes, causing some swelling and burning wounds.
Here’s how acne is classified based on the type of symptoms:
- Grade 1 – Has light whiteheads, blackheads and small pimples, which do not have inflammation.
- Grade II – Medium acne that causes a persistent breakout of pustules and papules.
- Grade III – A large amount of swelling, several papules and pustules, and some nodes.
- Grade IV – The most severe form of acne, which consists of many nodules, cysts, pustules, and papules that often appear on the face, back, chest, neck, and buttocks.
Rescue from acne
It would be better if you start acne prevention as soon as acne comes out –
- Take such things in the food that the amount of fat and spices are very low.
- Consume water on a regular basis, avoid getting dehydrated.
- Take more quantity of fibrous substances. It keeps the stomach clean and the body’s toxic substances also remove.
- Do not let dandruff in hair. When dandruff falls on the skin it also causes acne.
- Stay away from stress. Tension can cause hormonal changes so that one can grow.
- Many dermatologists recommend sunburn, exercise, and full sleep every day for at least 15 minutes after having acne.
Acne is a common problem that affects many individuals often. This is a curable problem and medical science have figured out many solutions for it.